- This event has passed.
Building Crafts College 2 Day Course – Understanding Repair & Maintenance of Traditional (Pre 1919) Buildings
2 July - 3 July£350
Of interest to the public, historic buildings owners, crafts persons, builders and professionals – the Building Crafts College in conjunction with the Old Royal Naval College is offering 2, two-day courses on Repair & Maintenance of Traditional Buildings. Participants will learn from industry experts about theory & practicalities of conserving traditional buildings including:
- Criteria & reasons for preserving, differences between performance of modern & traditional methods, importance of retaining maximum original fabric & the contribution made to sustainability
- Understanding regulations, listing, official guidance & the main technical terms used
- Importance of use of original materials & techniques
- Research & investigative measures, establishing evidence of original building date, other period alterations, surveys of condition & decay with suitable treatments to be used
- Requirement for safe working, when to stop & ask for further advice from relevant persons & personal responsibility for safety
Located in the Old School House, part of the ORNC, Greenwich, where the historic buildings on this World Heritage site will be used to assist learning during the course. An expert-led tour will look in detail at and behind the scenes of many of these elegant Georgian buildings.
The fee for the course is £350 which covers the cost of the two days, all materials, provision of tea/coffee and registration with Cskills/NOCN for the AWD053 award. Individual certificates will be presented following successful course completion.
To book a place please Email your contact details to Graham Lee: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01672 515714 Mob: 07971 655692
Joining instructions, the detailed programme and a payment invoice will be sent to applicants.