Damp in Buildings Seminar
6 September - 09:30 - 16:30£190
The Scottish Lime Centre Trusts presents: The Damp in Buildings Masterclass 2019
We are pleased to welcome back Mike Parrett, one of the world’s leading building pathologists and co-author of the RICS’ bestselling book ‘Diagnosing Damp’, recognised as the primary reference work on dampness in buildings.
Building failure needs to be looked at holistically. Dampness, in particular, is poorly understood and widely misdiagnosed. The tendency is to treat the symptoms and not the causes. And after decades of sales-led solutions like injecting and spraying horrid and useless chemicals, Mike Parrett’s back to basics approach gets to grips with where damp comes from – and offers real, practical advice on how to deal with it. While working at Lewisham Council, he solved the damp problems in over 30,000 properties without once injecting a chemical DPC!
Get the latest knowledge on damp in buildings from the expert and:
- Check you have the right equipment to investigate damp problems;
- Feel confident you are adopting the right approach;
- Correctly identify damp problems;
- Gain real world knowledge through case studies;
- Use checklists to verify your diagnosis.
- Don’t ever take advice from a company with a vested interest in undertaking damp treatment work that you don’t need and doesn’t work anyway!
Mike will also be addressing the very real issues that are likely to result from the increase in the deluges of rainfall we have all been experiencing in the last few years, ‘cutting edge’ stuff for real.
Course fees include CPD certificates, refreshments and a buffet lunch.
To view a taster trailer, please click here.