- This event has passed.
HTVF – Character, Quality & Design in Neighbourhood Planning and Beyond
27 February - 09:30 - 17:00
This seminar-workshop will explore the role of design in Neighbourhood Planning and other policy-making contexts. Starting with the role of Village Design Statements and communities in capturing the character of their localities, delegates will hear about:
- Locality’s new Toolkit Achieving well-designed places through neighbourhood planning, and funding support for greater design aspirations
- The National Trust’s new community toolkit Planning for Heritage
- The role of pattern books in moving from seeing character to identifying design policies
- How top housing architects are responding to the challenge of growth and local charcater – the Distinctively Local campaign
- Best practice in writing design policies for neighbourhood plans with a strong heritage backdrop.
- There will also be a hands-on workshop session to explore the issues.
The photo below is from Great Kneighton, Cambridge, designed by Proctor & Matthews, one of the Distinctively Local authors, taken by Tim Crocker.