- This event has passed.
RICS – World Built Environment Forum Week 2024
29 January - 10:00 - 1 February - 15:00Free
Mon 29 Jan 2024 – Thu 1 Feb 2024 • 10:00 – 15:00 GMT • 15 Hours Formal CPD
Returning for its seventh year, the World Built Environment Forum’s annual global gathering, WBEF Week, will enable participants to engage in critical discussions about the direction of the built and natural environment with the people who are shaping it around the world.
Decarbonising the sector and improving impacts on cities, climate, and overall biodiversity will transform every aspect of business, investment, work and life. Yet amid economic uncertainty and worsening affordability crises, achieving this change at pace requires workable, investable, and business-compatible solutions.
Over four days, participants will build a picture of how standards, policy, investment, data and technology are changing the landscape across energy, infrastructure, and the land and building life cycle. To conclude, WBEF Week 2024 will outline a practical approach to mobilising public and investor trust in new and emerging solutions.
- The technologies that will underpin industry decarbonisation practices in the future
- How best practices and case studies of success be scaled-up and replicated
- How professional practice will change as we adopt a whole life cycle approach to carbon
- How new energy systems under development will transform buildings and construction, infrastructure, and cities.
- How SMEs working across the land and building lifecycle can manage the net zero transition
- Emerging nature-related policies, investment, regulation, and standardisation, that will shape the business of cities and the built environment in the decade to come.