WPFL – VIRTUAL – Priorities for Housing in London
11 September - 08:00 - 12:00
This conference will examine priorities for housing in London, focusing on the way forward for improving housing delivery, affordability, and quality – and reducing homelessness.
It will be an opportunity for key stakeholders and policymakers to discuss the final shape of the new London Plan and its measures affecting housing, with its publication being delayed until 2021 following concerns from central government.
The Housing Secretary was critical of the scale of housing development and the added complexity of London planning rules in his response to the Intention to Publish version of the London Plan.
Delegates will examine options for revising the London Plan, and its long-term blueprint for housing policy that includes:
- more effectively coordinating growth across boroughs
- ensuring planning and development regulations are fit for purpose
- making new homes more affordable
Overall, the key areas for discussion at this conference are expected to be:
- assessing the long-term plan for London housing development and delivering the London Plan
- delivering a planning system that is fit for purpose
- protecting residents in the private rental sector and ensuring the sustainability of built materials
- overcoming construction challenges presented by COVID-19