ESC – Retrofitting Dwellings for Improved Energy Efficiency – based on BSI PAS 2035: 2019
This one-day workshop will take participants through the retrofit process via PAS 2035 and other retrofit methodologies. The workshop will give an overview of each of the activities and the roles and responsibilities of the relevant parties. It will also look at where PAS 2035 will possibly change in a future edition. The workshop is interactive and includes exercises focused on the activities involved in the implementation of PAS 2035. It will also include the tutors own work examples.
PAS 2035 is a BSI publication on the retrofit of dwellings for energy efficiency of UK homes. Its production was commissioned by the UK Government and it is expected that Government and energy provider funded retrofit will have to comply with it.
Training will be delivered by one of the UK’s leading experts in the retrofit and sustainable refurbishment, Professor John Edwards, MA, DipBldgCons, CEnv, FCIOB, FRICS, IHBC:
- Experience of sustainable refurbishment and energy efficiency retrofit spanning nearly forty years.
- Leadership – has led in the development of best practice in undertaking research and development of Standards and guidance. Chair of the Low Carbon Retrofit Initiative at the Construction Wales
- Innovation Centre (University of Wales Trinity David)
- Expertise – expert panel membership of BSI committees including PAS 2035, PAS 2030 and the Retrofit Standards Task Group
- Chartered Environmentalist – the highest achievement for professional Environmentalists.
- Certified in work to traditional and historic buildings – acknowledged as an expert by heritage bodies.
- Chartered Construction Manager – highest acknowledgment of expertise in planning and managing construction work.
- Chartered Building Surveyor – highest acknowledgment of expertise in assessing and analysing buildings.
- Professor of Practice – highest acknowledgment by academia of industry expertise and leadership.
- Qualified educator – qualified with expertise in the development and the delivery of training
The course will be of interest to anyone with an interest in the energy efficiency retrofit of homes and in particular those that will be involved in retrofit involving public finance. It is suitable for a range of practitioners which includes:
- Retrofit Designers/ Architects as an introduction to retrofit
- Retrofit Assessors /Surveyors as an introduction to retrofit
- Housing Technical Officers proving an overview of retrofit and PAS 2035
- Domestic Energy Assessors and advisors
- Project Managers / Retrofit Co-ordinators
- Conservation Officers
- Building Control Officers
- Site Managers who would like an overview of the complete process
- Estimators and construction planners who would like an overview of the complete process
- Installers of retrofit measures who would like an overview of the complete process
- Client Representatives who would like an overview of the complete process
This workshop has been run successfully as an in-house course and please enquire if it interests you. We can deliver it from 9.30 to 4 pm at your workplace and ideal numbers are up to 20 participants. It can be run anywhere within the UK.
Please contact us for further details email@example.com